01/08/2016 - Congratulations to Bouke Wiersma on completion of his Public Engagement PhD in Guernsey
Monday 1 August, 2016
Bouke Wiersma has completed his PhD into public opinions towards renewable energy in Guernsey. He used Guernsey as an example of island territories and Guernsey’s renewable energy team has been working closely with him since the start of his PhD 3 and a half years ago.
The study was broken down into 3 data gathering studies, the results of which are available from our documents page, using a variety of traditional and novel sampling methods. The work has been and will continue to be used to inform RET’s strategy going forward.
Bouke successfully defended his viva in February and has now completed the write up of his thesis. Bouke will be sending copies of the thesis to the people who have been both directly involved in the research (participants) and those who have been of significant help to the thesis more generally. The Thesis is also available to download from the University of Exeter website via the following link - https://ore.exeter.ac.uk/repository/handle/10871/21565.
RET would like to thank Bouke for the work he has done and working so closely with us to get the best research for Guernsey as well as for his PhD. Also many thanks to his PhD supervisor Professor Patrick Devine-Wright who has been very willing to provide his time and expertise as part of the PhD.
Many congratulations again to Bouke for the completion of his PhD, and for all the hard work he has put in.
Bouke's Graduation - Professor Patrick Devine-Wright and Bouke Wiersma
- 01/08/2016 - Congratulations to Bouke Wiersma on completion of his Public Engagement PhD in Guernsey
- 21/07/2016 - Working with Universities – Update
- 01/05/2016 - Renewable energy work under new Committee
- 19/04/2016 - RET open Day at Beau Sejour
- Commerce and Employment Renewable Energy Team to undertake Open Day and associated Poster Display
- 01/01/16 - RET releases 2016 strategy and review of 2015
- 23/11/15 - Consultants Appointed for Offshore Wind Work
- November 12th & 13th - University of Exeter Festival of Social Science: Visualising public engagement with marine renewable energies
- 30/10/15 - Renewable Energy Legislation Passed
- 14/10/15 CIMREG Officers Meeting Held in Guernsey
- 08/09/2015 - Commerce and Employment and Guernsey Electricity Limited continue feasibility work into local offshore wind energy project
- 01/08/2015 - RET Continue to Work with Universities
- 30/06/2015 - Results from Island Wide Survey on Offshore Renewable Energy Shows Strong Support for Renewables
- 18/06/2015 - RET release renewable energy ordinance response document
- 20/05/2015 - Thetis EMR conference
- 21/04/2015 - Channel Islands Marine Renewable Energy Group Political Summit
- 28/01/2015 - Public Engagement PhD - Guernsey Opinion Survey: Renewable Energy
- 21/01/2015 - Consultation on Renewable Energy Ordinance Closes
- 30/11/2014 - Public Engagement PhD completes second of three studies
- 19/11/2014 - RET Release Updated Strategy and Review of 2014