A PhD study has been undertaken by the University of Exeter researching public opinion in Guernsey of marine renewable energy. The findings and documents from this are provided below:
Public acceptability of offshore wind and tidal energy in Guernsey - Study 3 report
The final study of Bouke Wiersma's PhD was a quantitative questionnaire survey of almost 500 individuals across Guernsey, with a focus on obtaining a representative sample.
Summary of public acceptability study 3 results
The key findings and conclusions are summarised.
Public Engagement with Offshore Renewable Energy - Study 2 summary
Bouke has completed Study 1 of 3 of his PhD. This study involved 22 individuals from the Islands and looked at views around marine energy.
Public Engagement with Offshore Renewable Energy - Study 1 summary
Bouke has completed Study 1 of 3 of his PhD. This study involved 28 individuals from the Islands and looked at what they value around the Guernsey coast.
Puiblic engagement with offshore renewable energy - A critical review - Bouke Wiersma PhD
As part of Bouke's PhD, some work was published in the journal "Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change"
- 01/08/2016 - Congratulations to Bouke Wiersma on completion of his Public Engagement PhD in Guernsey
- 21/07/2016 - Working with Universities – Update
- 01/05/2016 - Renewable energy work under new Committee
- 19/04/2016 - RET open Day at Beau Sejour
- Commerce and Employment Renewable Energy Team to undertake Open Day and associated Poster Display
- 01/01/16 - RET releases 2016 strategy and review of 2015
- 23/11/15 - Consultants Appointed for Offshore Wind Work
- November 12th & 13th - University of Exeter Festival of Social Science: Visualising public engagement with marine renewable energies
- 30/10/15 - Renewable Energy Legislation Passed
- 14/10/15 CIMREG Officers Meeting Held in Guernsey
- 08/09/2015 - Commerce and Employment and Guernsey Electricity Limited continue feasibility work into local offshore wind energy project
- 01/08/2015 - RET Continue to Work with Universities
- 30/06/2015 - Results from Island Wide Survey on Offshore Renewable Energy Shows Strong Support for Renewables
- 18/06/2015 - RET release renewable energy ordinance response document
- 20/05/2015 - Thetis EMR conference
- 21/04/2015 - Channel Islands Marine Renewable Energy Group Political Summit
- 28/01/2015 - Public Engagement PhD - Guernsey Opinion Survey: Renewable Energy
- 21/01/2015 - Consultation on Renewable Energy Ordinance Closes
- 30/11/2014 - Public Engagement PhD completes second of three studies
- 19/11/2014 - RET Release Updated Strategy and Review of 2014