The Guernsey Renewable Energy Commission
The Guernsey Renewable Energy Commission (GREC) will be formed once the Renewable Energy (Guernsey) Law 2010 is enacted, which will be at the time Guernsey views the industry as ready to meet the islands needs. GREC will be the regulatory body tasked with receiving applications and issuing licences to developers as well as ensuring that all licence conditions are met by the developers.
GREC will be formed independently of RET, and it is important that RET and GREC are different entities so any discussions taken between RET and any other body prior to the establishment of GREC will not influence GREC and cannot affect GREC’s impartiality.
GREC is also a separate entity to the former Shadow GREC (now incorporated into RET). The work undertaken by Shadow GREC (now RET) (essentially enabling work), and GREC (licensing and enforcement) are substantially different and this was one of the driving factors to change from Shadow GREC to RET. This is to attempt to avoid any confusion between the roles, functions and personnel of Shadow GREC and GREC.
- 01/08/2016 - Congratulations to Bouke Wiersma on completion of his Public Engagement PhD in Guernsey
- 21/07/2016 - Working with Universities – Update
- 01/05/2016 - Renewable energy work under new Committee
- 19/04/2016 - RET open Day at Beau Sejour
- Commerce and Employment Renewable Energy Team to undertake Open Day and associated Poster Display
- 01/01/16 - RET releases 2016 strategy and review of 2015
- 23/11/15 - Consultants Appointed for Offshore Wind Work
- November 12th & 13th - University of Exeter Festival of Social Science: Visualising public engagement with marine renewable energies
- 30/10/15 - Renewable Energy Legislation Passed
- 14/10/15 CIMREG Officers Meeting Held in Guernsey
- 08/09/2015 - Commerce and Employment and Guernsey Electricity Limited continue feasibility work into local offshore wind energy project
- 01/08/2015 - RET Continue to Work with Universities
- 30/06/2015 - Results from Island Wide Survey on Offshore Renewable Energy Shows Strong Support for Renewables
- 18/06/2015 - RET release renewable energy ordinance response document
- 20/05/2015 - Thetis EMR conference
- 21/04/2015 - Channel Islands Marine Renewable Energy Group Political Summit
- 28/01/2015 - Public Engagement PhD - Guernsey Opinion Survey: Renewable Energy
- 21/01/2015 - Consultation on Renewable Energy Ordinance Closes
- 30/11/2014 - Public Engagement PhD completes second of three studies
- 19/11/2014 - RET Release Updated Strategy and Review of 2014